Tuesday, June 28, 2016

SETBACKS AND LIMITATIONS

While most seem to be trying to lose weight, on the opposite end of the spectrum are others trying to gain weight. Both sides with the same goal, but envious of the "problems" the others have. As is the situation here in Arkham, ironically two Libras balancing out a scale if we get all deep with things. My lady is trying to lose weight gained from giving me two amazing and beautiful daughters and a love of food. Not obese, but simply isn't happy with her appearance (despite being hot af in my eyes), so making a change. Myself is someone who unintentionally went from 195 lbs. down to 145 lbs. Also wasn't happy with my appearance, so making some changes.

However, I don't really care for food anymore. I used to forget to eat at times, and now that I am making a conscious effort to eat due to a shrunken stomach it's hard to eat what I need for some gains. Even though I am very limited with what I can do at home at the moment (which is where I do my thing) and self rehabbing multiple tears and calcium deposits in my shoulder, it is the diet aspect that is holding me back.
Destroying myself during a workout is the easy part, if I am not a sweaty, aching heap on the floor my day doesn't feel right. Even when I am tired as heck, I am able to force myself to do what I need to get done with the weights. Forcing food down my throat is a different kind of uncomfortable, and hard to get over that hump. Post-workout is my Cookies 'n' Cream protein shake or it is an absolute struggle. I'd prefer to get the protein from "natural" sources, but with that 30-minute window do what you have to I guess.

And then there are the other things putting limits on the progress. As mentioned, the shoulder is pretty messed up right now. 3 small tears, a branching tear, and a complete tear in the rotator cuff, accompanied by some good old calcium deposits. Surgery isn't an option, so self rehabbing and strengthening it is. Add this with that I don't want to workout in a public gym yet, and currently only have a variety of dumbbells at my disposal. No bench yet either. It is all coming soon, it is just the downside of home gyms is it is buying everything instead of paying a monthly fee and have everything at your disposal...when it isn't being used by another paying customer. I make do, but would just be nice to expand on things as to not become
complacent and give the muscles a shock with a change-up every now and then. Also sucks having had weights, bench, and machine when I grew up. Which I could have now if I had started this journey long, long ago.

Like I said I make do with what I have, and I will get a handle on eating more. Thinking the next entries on the blog will be my day to day routines. Which I am sure many will laugh at, but I'm aware that I am just getting started, and everyone had to start somewhere!

Head on over to Non-Geeky Nerd for Comic Book, Movie, TV Show, Video Game, and Wrestling Stuff! Stay Nerdy!

No comments:

Post a Comment