Saturday, July 2, 2016

NGN'S UPPER BODY WORKOUT

Today I was doing shoulder presses which I have been able to do with zero problems despite the damage to my shoulder. It's been something that baffled me a bit, until today when that changed and I began to feel that pain. Now I am left wondering if it is one of the multiple tears ripping more (3 partial, a branching, and a complete tear on the rotator cuff which is 4 tendons I am told so you see the issues here), or if it is simply the beginning of working around the calcium deposits in there aka basically carving the meat around it. The joys of getting older, but if is the calcium then I know what I am in for as I had apparently torn my other shoulder and didn't know I did until after it healed and the deposits began. It will be a bit painful, but once you work that groove things aren't bad at all.
Not complaining, just giving reason for when I say that things like lateral raise, front lateral raise, and bent-over lateral raise exercises are done with a much lower weight and are a part of my rehab process that I do through out the day, everyday. My poor boy home gym is basically dumbbells 2lbs up to 25lbs right now (with exercise bike, vice grips, and resistance band) while I obtain the financials to add to it (bench is first, as it is overly needed here). Everything is at 20-25lbs, while the raises are done with 5-10lbs. while I strengthen things up in the injured limb. My home gym appears small, and it is plus ready for 30lbs with some things, but I am just starting really so it works for me...for now.

Shoulder Presses/10 reps/3 reps
Palms-In Shoulder Presses/10 reps/3 reps
Lateral Raises/10 reps/3 reps
Upright Rows/10 reps/3 reps
Bent-Over Rows/10 reps/3 reps
Kneeling One-Arm Rows/10 reps/3 reps
Shrugs/10 reps/3 reps
Triceps Extensions/10 reps/3 reps
Kneeling One-Arm Triceps Extensions/10 reps/3 reps 
Bicep Curls/10 reps/3 reps
Concentration Curls/10 reps/3 reps
Hammer Curls/10 reps/3 reps
Alternating Bicep Curls/10 reps/3 reps
Push-Ups With Feet Elevated/10 reps/3 reps
Spider-Man Push-Ups/10 reps/3 reps
Push-Ups/To Failure

As the home gym grows, as will the routines. A bench is first on the list, so once that comes into Arkham Asylum the chest and shoulder exercises will expand. Until then I simply do Upper, Lower, Upper, Lower, Upper, Lower, Resistance (Mon-Sun). I do ab and core training 2-3 times a week a night while my significant other gets her workout in. I'll make the third posting about that. Up next will be my current lower body routine. The dreaded Leg Day.

For more Comic Book, Movie, TV Show, Video Game, and Wrestling stuff! Head on over to Non-Geeky Nerd and check things out! Stay Nerdy!

No comments:

Post a Comment