Tuesday, July 19, 2016

ON THIS DAY JULY 19TH

I guess it is somewhat of an anniversary around here. Going through the "On This Day..." on Facebook, and my first entry came up. A lot has changed in the last 5 years, and of course a lot has remained generally the same. This blog evolved into somewhat of a mini-site, which I have come and gone from over the years. Life outside of this of course getting in the way. However, not that it has all been a bad thing. I workout  now, trying to rebuild myself both physically and mentally. Slow start, but I have become addicted to all of it, so I have no intentions of slowing down.

Another issue was my trying to make more than a blog. Adds pressure trying to cover breaking news, reviews, and opinions for comic books, movies, tv shows, video games, and wrestling. I plan to roll things back a bit and just take the "here's my opinion" route more often than anything. Although there was an adrenaline rush trying to get the scoop on other site through social media platforms. But, it gets tiring trying to take on teams of people who make revenue through their sites. I am lucky if I make a penny a month. I am Canadian, so pennies are obsolete haha Money would be nice, but I started all of this as simply an outlet to voice my opinion...like basically everyone else with access to the internet.
But somehow, I am going to make this into a brand. I never thought of any of this being a brand, or my being capable to create one. I had a few thousand Facebook gamers know me as The Joker or Mr. J during Zynga's heyday. Only dabbled in Mafia, as Heroes Vs Villains was my wheelhouse. In hindsight, that was kind of my having a brand and not being aware of it. Obviously, the name is owned by others but it was a start. This all comes up as I was asked on Instagram (where I post nerd fit memes) about my brand, and clearly don't have one per say. Now, I am curious if this is something I can and should do. And if I do, then what exactly.
Do I just keep doing as I am doing, but with more focus and direction? Do I finally lift the veil and stop worrying about the opinions and feelings of others? As I have attempted to maintain a positive vibe around here, always looking for the positives in things even though negativity tends to draw the people in. Do I pick a specific area and focus the brand on that? Wrestling has been life long, comic books are a close second, with movies and television being almost simply an everyday thing. Video games are the weak spot. I do love gaming, just not at the level of others and I have specific preferences as to what I play. Nerd Fit, which is generally a fancy name for a nerd working out, is my current obsession. Should I focus on that, include it in the group?

To steal a line from Jack Nicholson's Joker, "So much to do in so little time.", but I am still in the should I or shouldn't I phase of all of this. I have plenty of time, as I run out when I am dead, and I don't think I am dead....right?...oh sh!t...what if this is all a Sixth Sense type deal happening?...I need an adult...


For more Nerd Fit, Comic Book, Movie, TV Show, Video Game, and Wrestling stuff! Head on over to Non-Geeky Nerd and check things out! Stay Nerdy!

No comments:

Post a Comment