Saturday, July 30, 2016

MY VILLAIN SLEEVE UPDATED

I've touched on it before about wanting to get a sleeve of comic book villains. I started off with the "HA HA"s similar to the ink on Jared Leto's The Joker in the upcoming "Suicide Squad". That was my first tattoo, which of course was the initial test to see if I could even go through with it. Despite having a green artist, I did okay and have been trying to think of what I want, and of course coming up with the moolah to cover it.

Almost a year to the day, I got another piece of the puzzle which will be my villain sleeve. Again taking from "Suicide Squad", I went with The Joker skull that they have been using for promotional stuff. I learned some stuff too, mostly "placement' which is good as I hadn't taken any of that into consideration before. It would look better if things are placed in certain areas and are certain size. The placement and size suggested actually made the tattoo look a lot better and not clash with the other ink. I appreciate the advice as although I am artistically inclined, I have never tattooed. Bigger always means better detail, but that is a hell of a lot easier to do on a computer as you can shrink things down after your done maintaining more detail.
That being said, I think I am just going to pick what I want and see what the artist thinks. Things are looking more like a Joker & Harley Quinn sleeve, but I am totally okay with that haha Of course the "Suicide Squad" has provided some other art that I want, I have had to look "outside" and since it is mainly a logo type sleeve it is hard. But, I have come up with some other stuff that I want. Here are the ones I thought of before as well as the ones I am thinking are going to be included...


Old Ideas
-"HA HA" (got)
-The Joker Suicide Squad Skull (got)
-The Joker Jester Skull (Suicide Squad)
-Harley Quinn Suicide Skull
-Harley Quinn "Rotten" Heart (Suicide Squad)
-Harley Quinn Diamond (Red)
-Harley Quinn Diamond (Black)
-"Harleigh Quinn"

New Ideas
-Funko The Joker
-Funko Harley Quinn

I always liked the Funko Pop! Vinyl items, but also the artwork on the box. I think that they would be a good fit on my sleeve. Thinking just the heads though. I am a skinny boy regardless of workouts and desires, so there is limited space haha Another difficult thing would appear finding the actual art on the boxes instead of pictures of the figure, and of course deciding which one(s) I would want to get. It would be easier on the other arm, which is likely a hero sleeve if I get another, as I would ask my oldest daughter to draw a Funko Batgirl as she has a few, and then get that picture turned into the stencil for the tattoo artist. We shall see how things go. The villain sleeve is happening for sure, the other arm may have a pic by my daughter, her name on my forearm, and some Batman logos on my shoulder. Which will blend into a pic of Batman, as the "HA HA"s on the other shoulder will blend into The Joker.

For more Nerd Fit, Comic Book, Movie, TV Show, Video Game, and Wrestling stuff! Head on over to Non-Geeky Nerd and check things out! Stay Nerdy!

No comments:

Post a Comment