Wednesday, September 7, 2016

GOODBYE SUMMER 2016

The girls had their first day of school yesterday. Oldest in grade 8, and youngest beginning Junior Kindergarten. Both of which makes me feel old AF. This of course also signals the end of the summer. Which was pretty good all around. Got to see all of my Nerdy's baseball games (except the first when I went to the wrong park), which included watching her and her team win both the division and the play-off tournament, making her a 2-time Champion. She played really well for it being only her second year, and having to play with older kids after the age groups were combined. And with being a second year 12 year old playing with 17 year old girls, she did amazing (whole team did). Only problems I had this year was with other coaches and parents from other teams being disrespectful and immature, but the worse of which came in dead last in both so I guess karma helped me there.

I also went to Canada's Wonderland with the girls. They go every year, but I opted to finally join in since my previous health issues are under control at the moment. Knock on wood. And it wasn't too bad. I didn't go on the two massive roller coasters that weren't there when I had last gone (10yrs or so), but did everything else. Even getting my Nerdy to overcome her fear and go on "Drop Zone" (or whatever it is called now that it isn't owned by Paramount). Only downside was that they finally had some DC Comics merchandise in the stores, and not jacked up in traditional amusement park fashion, but didn't think to bring any money for that stuff. Around Halloween perhaps for their Halloween Haunt. It will be weird doing some of out Christmas shopping at Canada's Wonderland haha
Personal highlight of this summer was Suicide Squad. Which I went and saw in theaters...3 times haha A part of me wants to go again to be honest. Although I am a massive Joker fan, I didn't go "for him". I knew he was apart of things to help boost Harley's live action movie debut. Loved all the members of the Sqwad/Skwad, The Joker just happened to be my most favorite part. Harley Quinn was a close second, and was impressed by Will Smith as Deadshot. Now, I wait for the Blu-Ray to come out while resisting urge to go to the theaters again for a fourth and fifth time.

It's back to reality again. The job search taken more seriously, while watching the girls with my Sweets starting her new shift at her job. I think I may suffer from "seasonal depression", but luckily for me the first half of the colder weather flies by with October being busy AF (Thanksgiving, Sweets and my birthday, HQ's birthday which is also Halloween), a breather in November, then it is Nerdy's birthday immediately followed by Christmas and then New Years Eve.

Here's hoping it all goes smoothly. Current plan has Christmas shopping finished by start of December and starting to pay old debts. Which will be nice for once. But, have to see how it all goes. If it works out, then it is immediately into a 5 year plan which triggers a whole new world.

No comments:

Post a Comment