Tuesday, June 13, 2017

PROPS TO THE DOCS

Not as people, those props depend on the person. But props for ability to learn and use that knowledge. As it is endless and ever evolving.

Take my current situation. All of my symptoms lead to it being......a long list of possibilities. Even with my being able to pick which best describes what I'm experiencing, the list is lengthy. And it comes down to the MRI to help even just locating where the problem is. Then add that my lifestyle and habits both help and hinder the diagnosis. As they all lead to a variety of problems that all share symptoms yet different areas.
And that adds to the props as it has been quite fascinating finding out that a brain or spine issue shares same issues as a problem in the shoulder or wrist. Yep, something like MS (multiple sclerosis) shares a lot of similar symptoms with things like Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

Frustration has been ample the last few months. None of that really lays with the doctors. That's falls mainly on my country. But even then it's the wait time I'm enduring. There may be more MRI machines in Pittsburgh than all of Canada, but I get tested for free. Annnd the wait time frustration is being in the unknown and not knowing what to do. Can I rehab something while I wait? Is this a total rest issue? Should I be active but not anything with a certain area? Or is it something where it simply doesn't matter?

The good news is that it's been two months and only a month to go for the MRI. But, if something that requires a neurologist, I'm left waiting until November. Again, free but about four more months to go. Guess all I can do is....stay Nerdy!

No comments:

Post a Comment