Thursday, March 3, 2016

COMIC BOOK MOVIE STUFF POOR MAN'S STYLE...AND THAT'S OK!

Sure, there are the trailers, tv spots (commercial to talk show) and general merchandise (toys, etc) that come with almost every movie. Occasionally there are collector cups at the theaters or 7-11, but that is about it. At least with "Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice" coming out soon, there has been some added collector items released for all fans alike, casual to hardcore.

Of course there is the cereal and the collector boxes it comes in. And surprisingly, they aren't bad at all. Personally, Batman (Chocolate Strawberry) is tops with milk, while Superman (Caramel Crunch) is a really good dry snack. And even though it wasn't like the apparent "celeb editions" with capes and mask, the boxes are somewhat visually appealing and displayable. For those who like display their interests.
Another thing has been with Dr. Pepper and collector cans. The set of 5 includes Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Lex Luthor, and Lois Lane. If you haven't tried Dr. Pepper before I would be amazed (if you live in Canada or USA that is), for me is in my Top 3 soft drinks. I haven't collected pop cans since Star Wars Ep. I with Pepsi products, which I don't have anymore due to a period of unemployment and being thirsty haha, but have immediately jumped back into. I am pretty sure my nerdism is exposed when I am trying to spin the cans within the case to see who it is but after getting back to back Lex Luthor's I had no choice. So far I have Bats, Supes, and as mentioned Lex. Just the ladies left to go, and preferably a non-diet can with Superman on it so that my brain doesn't itch.
It will be interesting to see if Suicide Squad gets to join in on the fun later in the year. Hopefully other Justice League characters join in near its release date as well. Although I don't see the cereal expanding beyond Batman and Superman, although possible, it is easy to see the collector cans growing in numbers.

Now perhaps this is the norm in the USA, up here in Canada we tend to get snubbed with things. And these things are awesome as there isn't really a social status things at all (sorry, but the cost of statues and whatnot can be insane).

No comments:

Post a Comment