Wednesday, April 6, 2016

NGN FAVORITES: MOVIES

Like television shows, this list doesn't really show everything that I have watched and enjoyed throughout my life of 34 years. Too many genres for starters, and I enjoy trilogies and sagas, which are technically one story. Most of the movies I have seen were at home, but have seen a few in theaters. I just prefer uncrowded places, with no morons talking, yelling, or chewing through the film haha

Fav Movies As A Kid
  • Batman (1989)
  • Batman Returns
  • Rocky IV
  • No Holds Barred
  • La Bamba
  • The Neverending Story
  • He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe
  • Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
  • Police Academy 3
  • The Care Bear Movie
The Care Bear Movie was the first film I had seen in a theater, so it makes the cut for popping the cherry. I remember thinking how weird He-Man was, but I as a child I liked it. Same with Hogan in No Holds Barred. La Bamba and The Neverending Story still make me cry haha Stupid horse. Police Academy 3 would've been joined by 1 and 2, but didn't have the room. All three were on a VHS tape at my grandparents, so it was "one" movie to me haha Porky's Revenge almost made the cut, given my cousin and I watched the crap out of it haha

Fav Movies As A Teen
  • He Got Game
  • Space Jam
  • Scream
  • Independence Day
  • American Pie
  • Natural Born Killers
  • Men In Black
  • Bad Boys
  • The Crow
  • American History X
My teen years were my basketball years, and comic book movies were well....Batman & Robin...ya. He Got Game is still a great movie, glad to see my kids enjoying what I did as a teen haha Will Smith was tops at that time, hence the film count for him. American Pie...hahahahahaha Natural Born Killers and American History X are/were amazing movies. Gripping as they say.

Fav Movies In My 20's
  • Batman Begins
  • The Dark Knight
  • The Dark Knight Rises
  • Star Wars Ep III: Revenge Of The Sith
  • The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy
  • The Matrix Trilogy
  • Scarface
  • The Godfather Trilogy
  • Kick-Ass
  • Watchmen
Although some of these began when I was a teen, the trilogies were mainly watched in whole in my 20's. Scarface and The Godfather came out when I was a kid (and before I was born) but finally watched and loved them. There was finally an influx of comic book films, but again too many to list, so I went with the ones just outside of "mainstream". Chloe Moretz as Hit Girl was off the chains....do they still say that? Meh. The Dark Knight Trilogy needed to be mentioned individually. They are top favorites. And, they are directly responsible for my return to comic books.

Fav Movies Now
  • Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice
  • Suicide Squad
  • Deadpool
  • Man Of Steel
  • The Avengers
  • The Avengers: Age Of Ultron
  • Guardians Of The Galaxy
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
  • The Amazing Spider-Man
  • Sherlock Holmes
Suicide Squad doesn't come out until mid-summer, and I haven't seen Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice yet. Why are they on the list? Underestimating my fan hood. Love what I have seen thus far from both movies. I am also on the side that loved Man Of Steel. And Supes always has to earn my love haha Like majority The Avengers universe would go on here, but there isn't enough room. Guardians Of The Galaxy makes the cut because I truly had no hope for the film, and it ended up being my favorite so far. I am also disappointed that the Amazing Spider-Man franchise was cut short (especially with the planned build on the universe), and back in reboot mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment