Thursday, April 7, 2016

NGN FAVORITES: PRO WRESTLING-SUPERSTARS


Fav Superstars As A Kid
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Macho Man Randy Savage
  • Undertaker
  • Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase
  • Jake The Snake Roberts
  • Bret Hart
  • Shawn Michaels
  • Animal
  • Hawk
  • Ravishing Rick Rude
What can I say? I was an 80's kid who had more exposure to WWF (WWE) than NWA (WCW). Otherwise there may have been room on the list for Ric Flair or Sting, but I didn't see much of them as a kid. My cousins always argued and I never listened. It didn't help that when I would catch an episode of either NWA (Crockett) or WCW, it was always a low budget, bingo hall type show. Where even the "stars" who appeared, looked more like WWE jobbers at times. I remember seeing a young Marcus Bagwell, who hadn't found his character yet, nor was at all good in the ring. Not that he was great period, but early years are always the worse for young male escor.....er wrestlers.


Fav Superstars As A Teen
  • Stone Cold Steve Austin
  • The Rock
  • Triple H
  • Bret Hart
  • Chris Jericho
  • Scott Steiner
  • Hollywood Hulk Hogan
  • Goldberg
  • Kevin Nash
  • Scott Hall
Once again, more WWE than WCW. But, that was a cable situation for me. I got RAW live every Monday Night (if not preempted by a frickin dog show....stupid TSN), and saw more highlights than show with Nitro via Thunder on Thursdays. It would occasionally be on, but not enough to get hooked. I'm Canadian. Like Snitsky said, "it wasn't my fault". But, I did enjoy them both when I was able to see them. Hence why Big Poppa Pump and others are on there.

Fav Superstars In My 20's
  • John Cena
  • Randy Orton
  • Kurt Angle
  • Eddie Guererro
  • Chris Benoit
  • Brock Lesner
  • Undertaker
  • Kane
  • Shawn Michaels
  • Triple H
Not original Cena, but the Doctor Of Thuganomics John Cena. Also, "Legend Killer" Randy Orton. I actually think of who they could actually bring back for him to "kill". I liked Taker as both the American Badass and when he returned to the Deadman gimmick. Still get chills thinking about Wrestlemania XX when the late Paul Bearer's voice hit the air. Plus, Kane removing the mask and unleashing a new monster was awesome. Lesner's initial run was really good too, it was almost as if he was McMahon's way of showing how to properly build a Goldberg haha With HBK, I was glad to see return. Not initially with those hideous tights at the initial "Elimination Chamber". But, the matches he went on to have with Cena, Angle, Taker, etc made it hard to keep him off this list.

Fav Superstars Now
  • AJ Styles
  • Finn Balor
  • CM Punk
  • Bray Wyatt
  • Luke Harper
  • Daniel Bryan
  • Samoa Joe
  • Seth Rollins
  • Dean Ambrose
  • Roman Reigns
Yes, Roman Reigns is on the list. Take away Vince's strings and you got something. Can't blame him, part of becoming a top guy nowadays. Plus, this list is an evolving one for sure, given I am only just under halfway through my 30's....dammit. CM Punk is also on there, because he could always change his mind one day, plus he hasn't had a fight yet so technically more pro wrestler than pro mixed martial artist so far. Daniel Bryan JUST retired, and really may stay on here given the impact. Been liking Balor. Inring and his entrance. Glad to see AJ jump over to the big times where he belongs, like Joe. Rest speak for themselves really. Seth, Dean, Bray. The future. Harper, I just like his look mannerisms in regards to his gimmick.


No comments:

Post a Comment