Sunday, April 10, 2016

NON-GEEKY NERD'S SURVIVAL KIT

I am a nerd, and like others I prefer my movies in extended cuts and part of a trilogy or saga. The Dark Knight trilogy, The Matrix, Lord Of The Rings, etc. I also enjoy professional wrestling/sports entertainment where RAW and Special Events are 3-4 hours in length. Wrestlemania is now part of Wrestlemania Weekend which includes NXT's Take Over, WWE Hall Of Fame Ceremony. Wrestlemania itself is rumored to be around 8 hours this year with the pre and post shows added to the spectacle of spectacles. This requires food and beverages that require little to no preparation. Everyone has their own "survival kits", so naturally I have mine too.

Movie/TV/Wrestling Marathons
  • Pizza (preferably delivered)
  • Pringles (pizza and original)
  • Oriental Party Pack
  • Baked Goods (homemade)
  • Cookies
  • Joe Louis/Ah Caramel/Twinkies
  • Candy (soft)
  • Pop (Dr. Pepper or Coke)
  • Bottled Water (Flavored)
  • Batman Tumbler Cup
  • Blanket
No shocker that pizza is on there. It is good hot or cold, so you can have it at any point of the marathon. I prefer delivery for obvious reasons, but also that you don't have to get up and the boxes make it so you can put them anywhere close by, where from the oven likely would need a platter or two for the amount of pizza required. The party pack is the only thing that is made right before it all begins, the baked goods (which range from brownies, lemon tarts, butter tarts, and cookies) would be made prior to the day, and just for everyday consumption anyhow. Candy is whatever I feel like having at that point in time. Normal or sour. Berries, Gummy Bears/Worms/Anything, Sour Patch Kids, Peach/Watermelon Slices, etc. I like to drink my pop (soda pop to the Yanks, fizzy drink to the Europeans I hear) in my Batman cup with a straw haha And yes a blanket. Canadian. It's cold at times and I just find it comfy haha Wrestling one at the moment, working on getting a Batman blanket soon haha












Power Outage
  • Matches
  • Lighter
  • Candles
  • Batteries
  • Flashlight
  • Comic Books/Graphic Novels
  • Paper
  • Pens and/or Pencils
  • Blanket
  • Pop (Dr. Pepper or Coke)
  • Bottled Water (Flavored) 
  • Batman Tumbler Cup
  • Pop Tarts
  • Cookies

I added the power outage list as it happens every where, and like many it exposes my dependence on electricity. But, I am Canadian so I at least know how I would prepare myself I wasn't, well, if I wasn't so lazy haha But, the knowledge is there since we have power outages for variety of reasons during all four seasons. Heck, I remember that massive blackout in the early 2000's. We were one of the first to get our power back on living on the same grid as the hospital. My father-in-law was all concerned about conserving energy, while my nerd butt ran up to my apartment and immediately turned on my television and PS2 haha I should point out how I can still read my comic books as they are hard copies and not digital. I always ask in the those arguments what happens when you run out of power? Even in broad daylight digital can't be read if the device can't be recharged, and I've seen the power out for days on days. Not a regular thing in a first world country. Paper and something to write with for when something pops into my head, or I just feel like doodling haha Food is the hard part here. No power means no stove or microwave, and I am not a hotplate kind of person. It also means, ordering pizza is not happening unless the outage is only a selected area and not a weather related thing. It also doesn't help that there is a peanut allergy in my home so even a basic sandwich becomes more difficult. Pop Tarts are meant to be a meal on the go (haha), and don't need to be warm to consume, so I'll throw that on the list for "meals" since we can't live off of snacks...or can we? haha No electronics on the list either. Battery life is limited, and I don't own a generator. It will be like camping at home inside, in my own bed haha
























Like most things, this is ever evolving. Heck, they almost stopped making Twinkies. Still think that was just an attempt to trip out the people enjoying life in certain states in 'Merica! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment