Friday, April 15, 2016

NGN FAVORITES: TELEVISION-SHOWS

Like many, most notably those born in the 1980's, television has become part of my day to day haha My tastes fall between mainstream and unique. Although I have enjoyed the "upgrades" within television, I am not a fan of things such as the countless breaks. Whatever happened to just the summer being the break between seasons? Or was it always that way, and that things I watched just weren't affected until now? Regardless, they are annoying. But, here are the shows I have, still, and currently like...

Fav Television Shows As A Kid
  • He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe
  • She-Ra The Princess Of Power
  • Thundercats
  • Transformers
  • Care Bears
  • The Smurfs
  • Disney's Adventures Of The Gummi Bears
  • Darkwing Duck
  • Ducktales
  • Toronto Blue Jays Baseball
This part of my life could be an entire post in itself, like many other 80's kids I loved television. Not our fault as ev-er-y-thi-ng was geared towards us. Care Bears and Smurfs were awesome then, so shush. Gummi Bears was a show I loved, but now as an adult seem to be one of the few who remember it. He-Man and She-Ra were the original nerd shows for me, and yes I said She-Ra haha I was huge into baseball as a kid too, again not my fault as it was when the Toronto Blue Jays were consistently good.

Fav Television Shows As A Teen
  • WWE RAW
  • WWE Smackdown!
  • WCW Nitro
  • WCW Thunder
  • Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
  • Chicago Bulls Basketball
  • Toronto Raptors Basketball
  • 90210
  • The Simpson's
  • South Park
As a teen it was really anything with hot females haha But, I did watch the entire shows so I did get to see what they were kind of worth haha Switched from baseball to basketball, and was mildly obsessed with it so there was a lot of Bulls and Raps on my television. Of course, this was the ultimate peak of professional wrestling, so no shocker that WWE and WCW's shows are on there. It was more WWE than WCW, but still. My mom wouldn't let me watch The Simpson's as a kid, so as a teen I watched that and discovered South Park. Yes, I am a bit mouthier because of it. I said mouthier. The rest was genetic haha

Fav Television Shows In My 20's
  • WWE RAW
  • WWE Smackdown!
  • Smallville
  • Dexter
  • Sons Of Anarchy
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • Trailer Park Boys
  • The Sopranos
  • Family Guy
  • TNA Impact
Stopped really watching any sports as a young adult, but still had my wrestling. It was only WWE for the longest time, but TNA did appear on my radar for awhile. Started watching more shows in entirty at this point. Started with going back and watching all of Smallville (joined in progress about season 7-8), and The Sopranos, Dexter, and SOA followed. Saw the premiere of The Big Bang Theory, hated it, got talked into watching it later on it the season, now I love it. It happens. Family Guy. Nuff said....giggity.

Fav Television Shows Now
  • WWE RAW
  • WWE Smackdown!
  • WWE NXT
  • Arrow
  • The Flash
  • Breaking Bad
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • iZombie
  • WWE Network (everything)
  • Modern Family
WWE is really the only game in town now (sorry ROH and remaining TNA fans), but with the loss of competition came a revamped NXT brand that is on par with RAW and Smackdown! in many ways (if not better, but don't tell Vince). And we get all that comes with the WWE Network. Old, new, original, parodied. The Big Bang Theory is still a fav', and Modern Family is too easy to relate to, at times, not to like. Breaking Bad was epic. As nerds, we finally got a smorgasbord of shows, that is growing even still. For me Arrow and The Flash are tops. So far, I have enjoyed iZombie, but not sure if that will last or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment