Sunday, April 10, 2016

THINGS I KIND OF MISS IN GTA

Now before I begin, I should point out that I haven't even cracked the surface of Grand Theft Auto V. One of the last things I did in the game before joining The Darkside of GTAOnline was reintroduce Trevor to Michael haha My original intention was to play and complete the main game, and then, pop my cherry in the online world of Grand Theft Auto. Things changed, I got hooked, and am now planning on returning to regular game mode when I let my Playstation Plus membership run out and take a break from it. I mention this as perhaps some of the things I am about to mention are in the regular game and I just haven't "unlocked" them yet. All I know for sure is that they are absent from at least the online world.

Taxi Cabs
With the online version I kind of get the absence, people could simply target the yellow cabs and people would stop using them . It would be funny to see them replace the taxi's of old with uber drivers and cars. It would poke fun of the "war" between the two, as well as eliminate the targeting mentioned above. I'm lazy at times, I do tend to play solo, and would make doing some daily objectives easier to do in terms of distance traveled for say the Flight School stuff.

Restaurants
I do like how we can go into more places now and do more things. Clothing stores, Ammunation, etc. But, the restaurants should have stuck around in my opinion. Both to recharge/heal our characters, but also more places to rob. The stores simply weren't enough, and it sucks that we can't rob other places. Could have perhaps made them as options when planning jobs. Can visualize the trophy/achievement for one of each in one go as police involvement increases with each passing hold-up.

Working Out
I liked this aspect from GTA: San Andreas. I also like how we have to build up skills and qualities, and build each up in a variety of ways (swimming, running, shooting, etc). I also like how there are a variety of activities like golf, tennis, shooting range, etc. I just miss the ability to bulk and de-bulk our characters. Yes, I like aspects similar to The Sims. I see GTA Online as The Sims for the cooler people haha

Grand Theft Auto III
Weird thing to say, but it is the only game in the franchise that I haven't really noticed. GTA: San Andreas is obviously there (you can even drive up to your old home...pack heat though...not a warm welcome at times haha) given the location of the game. There are some parts that reminded me of GTA: Vice City, there was one area (which of course I can't find again) that reminded me of the area around your initial hideout in the that game. Whether that was intentional or not, I am not sure. GTA IV may not have locations, but I do know that the main character is at least seen on the "internet" within the game. But nothing about GTA III from what I have seen. I know it took place in Liberty City, but still. It was the game that truly launched this franchise. Homage should be paid....again, unless I missed it haha

Again, I simply missed this stuff in the main game having only just begun. In case this is all correct, then I stand by my word haha Perhaps I am just greedy, being a typical hater of change (well, more loss), or a combination of them all. That doesn't matter haha With what we pay to simply play (cost of game, cost of PS Plus, DLC's to stop from getting bored) we deserve it all haha And if the future is a purely digital video game world, I will be demanding the absolute best!....I'll likely just settle and accept things, but I will blog about it dammit! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment